Friday 20 May 2011

Fruitful Friday

Fruitful Friday


Well I hope so. Yet another of those days that gives the lie to the term "home" education. Hannah was out the door within ten minutes of getting up this morning, on her way to her friend L's house so that L's mum can take them to a workshop called "My Universe" at UCL. It looks fascinating; it is hosted by the Dept. of Physics and Astronomy and there are sections on the Solar System, Cosmology, Rainbows, using telescopes, Playing God and something else. They have sent 8 worksheets that are not so difficult that I think H will switch off, but challeneging enough to keep them engaged. Hope she comes home with a fired up passion so I can indulge in lots more watching Brian Cox and call it work!

Meanwhile I have caughht up on some phone calls. walked the dog for an hour, bathed her when we got home as she'd been in the lake and was filthy, made scones and cleaned up the kitchen. Just the guinea pigs to feed now then I can get changed and go to work for some peace! the last few days have been manic and it isn;t going to ease up much for the foreseeable future.

Wednesday I took Hannah to drama in Harlow, then left her there to spend the day with A, which meant driving home and giving other friends a lift home, going to work, going back home to collect the dog who had been alone for as long as I like to leave her, driving back to Harlow to get Hannah, then immediately to her Irish Dancing lesson, where I dropped her and took the dog for a walk for most of the hour H is dancing. From there we had to go home to deposit the dog, then via Sainsbury's to buy cards and presents for my niece due to poor planning, before arriving very late at my brother-in-law's house for Zara's celebrations. We got to bed about 11pm!

thursday was less manic as it *only* involved horse riding lesson for Hannah during which I walked the dog on the bridle paths, taking the dog home, dropping Hannah with her grandmother for the afternoon, going to work, collecting the dog, picking Hannah up again, walking dog, taking dog home, collecting my mum and going out for dinner. I have in fact not cooked a meal at home since Sunday lunch and we have eaten somewhere other than at home every day this week!

I am planning to pick Hannah up today about 4.30 (after visiting my aunt..in case today was beginnign to look too straight foward) so we can go to H and M's house for dinner. I invited myself which is very cheeky of me, but they are Jewish and celebrate Shabbat and I thought it would be interesting to learn about it as well as have fun and nice food with our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment